Saturday, September 19, 2009

Big M Party

Well today is the Big M Party. For all those who don't know me, I've driving for a trucking company for 11 years and now the company exist no more, they went out of business on Aug 31, 2009. My last day was Aug 27, 2009. We where given a 60 day notice of the closure, but 3 of the 4 terminals where done on the day of the notice. We had a party for divers last week too put on by 3 drivers. Today this party is for all drivers current or past it doesn't matter, even office and dispatch are invited. The only one not is the boss himself! We are having a bonfire, food, games and of course beer. BYOB! We have a truck me and Breezy built that has a cover to put something in it you want to get rid of and then it's going on the bonfire as the "Celebration of Moving On" starts! Hopefully this will help those with the depression and sadness of losing their job and to move on to bigger and better things in life. I still haven't had the full effect of this yet! I'm not depressed but there is something different about me. Heck my kid noticed! I've been to Vegas and now I'm leaving for Florida in 2 days to hangout with my friend for 19 days. This is how I'm dealing with the lost of my job. I need to clear my mind of the job it self and of the name of the company. Yesterday I moved all my stuff related to the job out of my apartment down to my storage lockers in the basement so it was out of site and out of mind! I don't know if I'm ever gonna be a OTR truck driver again! But if I need to it's there! So I'll put up one picture of the truck we built that is getting torched!
Good bye blog!

No comments: