Sunday, July 19, 2009

39 days of work, 40 days to Vegas!

Ok, I'm losing my job! Yep, I don't rememberer if I've posted it before, but on July 1, 2009 my company said "the business is closing". We I at my home terminal will I guess be working until the 31 of August...so they said? (wait only until 27 read below) But 3 of our 4 terminals have closed that same week and we are the only one left rapping up the business. We will be continuing doing load and back-hauls but soon we will be moving trailers and trucks to only two of the terminals Duluth and Mauston for a auction in Sept and Oct sometime! I really don't know what I'm gonna do for work after the closure. I've been working there for 11 years truck driving and 7 1/2 at another place doing courier work. All I know is how to deliver stuff! I'll be taking some time off and enjoying unemployment for awhile I think, but if a really kick butt job comes along I'll grab it! I'm not holding my breath though! This economy has killed a company that went through on of the biggest depressions ever. They started in 1915!

So I'll be unemployed and in 40 days from now I'll be in Las Vegas! Yep I'm going to Vegas! I planned and paid for the trip just before we got the news of closure! So I'll be there on Aug 28 to Sept 4, 2009. I hope it will be fun. I've been there before a long time ago with my ex and it wasn't fun because she didn't like to gamble. This time I'm going with my aunt who does like to gamble, heck she has a problem with it really bad! But somehow she's saved enough money to buy and pay for the ride out there on the bus and hotel stay. I told here I'm not borrowing any money either, since i really wont have much. I plan on playing black jack, craps and slots. Not really in that order but craps is my favorite. We do plan of eating at a buffet every day and a lot of site seeing too! I hope my trucker legs can keep up with a 64 year old lady that walks about 2 miles every day! Well seriously she walks sometime more like 5 or sometimes 10. Crazy! I will post pictures here later. I wish I was bring my lapper there to update this blog like when I went to Florida to visit/hang-out with my best friend, but I'm not dragging a lot of junk with. The only thing I'm bringing is a duffel bag with sock, underwear (maybe), shorts and a few sport shirts (white) and a camera! It will be hotter then you know what out there and I'm gonna dress just like I did in Florida, so I should be alright! More later on the trip!

Ok time to update face book...sorry blogger I'm hooked there too!

No comments: