Monday, May 4, 2009

Worried

This is a week that worries me! At the end of this week, actually on Saturday me and my fellow employees are going to vote on a new contract at work. I'm not going to say how I'm voting here, but I will say that I'm scared the we are going to get screwed in this. Either we vote for: 5 cent pay cut, lose are $12.25 per drop pay, and 50-50 insurance. This is huge! That would add up to about a $222.00 pay cut on a 2000 mile and a 10 drop average. That's $888 a month or multiply that times 52 and its $11544.00 pay cut a year! So the more miles the more money I would lose! Right now I make $.42 a mile.

So you see why I'm worried and scared. Worried for the money, and scared about having a job! God will help with both I know and I shouldn't be fretting over money, but it is hard to think about what's going to happen. Here's the possibilities: A Strike, or the above plan! Yep on Saturday we are going to either vote for the proposal or take a strike vote!

I'm going to leave it at that for now and I'll post more here later on what happened. I don't know If I'll post my vote or not, depends on my mood and basically it a private issue. I don't really care that I'm posting my wages so everyone out there know how much I make at a truck driving job because if you really wanted to know you could just goto any trucking web page and find this info for what ever company you want to work for anyways.

So here I sit worried and scared. God please help!

I found this verse in the bible:

1 Corinthians 10:13 (New American Standard Bible)
No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God
is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

This will help!


No comments: